Thursday, March 24, 2011

Change...

Change is hard. Change is scary. But change can also be exciting. Whether it's a new job, a new home, a new state or a new lifestyle every change has it's challenges. And every challenge is an opportunity for growth. Sounds all well and good, right? Well, for me, easier said than done. But I have decided at this point in my life, it's time to make a change. After a few years of waffling back and forth we have decided to sell our house. Despite the crappy market we are hoping to get enough money out of it to buy a boat. Not just a boat...a cruiser, a liveaboard, a home. Anyone who knows Bud, knows that he is the sailor. On the other hand, anyone who knows me, knows that I have never been a water person. I must say that over the last 16 years I have come a long way. I'm sure my nail marks are still in the fiberglass of our Catalina, remnants from our first date, and my first time on a sailboat. But I knew from that very first date that if Bud was the guy for me than I better learn to like the water. That was a big change. Come to think of it, that was the first of many changes to come. Getting married, raising kids, yup...those were some pretty big changes. Looking back, maybe I'm not as bad with change as I thought. One thing I'm sure of, life is short and nobody knows how much time we are given. I do know that I don't want to have any regrets. I don't want to have any "wish we would've"s.  Up until now, it appears that every big change was certainly a challenge. I also feel like I have grown through each experience. So...bring it on! I am looking forward to the next new challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment